READY TO EXPAND YOUR FLOORING CRAFTSMAN KNOWLEDGE?
intermediate sand and finish course
Intermediate Sand and Finish Course
A 3-day in-person intermediate-level course for those with some wood flooring experience. Includes in-depth training on general equipment maintenance, sanding multiple flooring types/species, unfinished/ factory finished, engineered/multidirectional/parquet flooring. Also includes floor flattening methods, minimizing the scratch patterns and efficient use of the professional sanding equipment. On the finishing side, the attendee will learn about and practice with stain application, sealers, natural oils, waxes, colorants, reactive conditioners, finish application, scraping, recoats and final coat application, repairs, and board replacement.
- 1 year of sand & finish experience OR attendance at the Basic Sand & Finish or Principles of Wood Flooring course.
- Complete NWFA University Sand & Finish Safety learning path.
- Receive and learn how to use NWFA Sand & Finish Guidelines and NWFA Jobsite Checklist.
- Receive 24 continuing certification units.
- Qualifies attendee for Hands-on Sand & Finish Certification Test.
- Qualifies attendee for Advanced Finish course.
- Completion of this course plus Intermediate Installation course qualifies attendee for Inspector school. Apprenticeship
- Included in NWFA Wood Flooring Specialist Apprenticeship Program
Interested in Trading Up?
Want us to stay in touch and share more information? Sign up for our email newsletter.